Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair. At Miracle Beauty Salon we use most modern device on the market – Diode Laser, LightSheer Desire.
Laser hair removal targets the entire hair structure, from the hair shaft down to the follicle. The light is absorbed selectively by the structure of hair follicle containing melanin, this is converted into heat, which in turn destroys the elements responsible for hair growth, therefore causing permanent hair loss and destruction of the follicle.
LightSheer Desire Laser Hair Removal requires 4 – 12 treatments (average 6 – 9), repeated at 4 – 12 weeks intervals. Maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
- the treatment area must not be dry or irritated, if required, emollients (moisturising cream, exfoliating cream, soothing cream) should be used a few days earlier
- day before the first procedure the treatment area must be shaved – a square of about 5cm should be left to evaluate the colour and thickness of the hair, this area will then be shaved by the person performing the treatment (blonde, grey or ginger hair is a contraindication to the procedure, due to the low effectiveness of laser depilation in these cases)
- avoid aspirin and other blood thinners
- the skin should not be tanned (suntan, self-tanner)
- important – 24 hours before and after the procedure do not consume alcohol
- The procedure does not require anesthesia. The laser is most often felt as a minor stinging, burning or pinching, which may be increased when treatment is performed on more sensitive areas of the body. Slight redness occurs in the treatment areas. The person conducting the treatment makes sure the patient is comfortable. Our Clients leave the procedure feeling satisfied and excited for the upcoming effects.
A natural symptom that may occur after the treatment is temporary swelling and/or redness of the treatment area.
- The skin should be treated gently for up to 2 – 3 days after the treatment:
– wash with soap free gel, tonic, non-alcoholic milk or clean water
– do not use deodorants or antiperspirants (if the depilation was on the armpits)
– use talcum powder, Bepanthen or Dermopanthen cream
– dry the skin gently, do not rub or irritate the skin in any other way
- For 2 weeks after the procedure it is forbidden to use exfoliating cosmetics.
- Sunbathing is forbidden for 4 weeks after the treatment; it is required to use creams with filter SPF +50 or above.